Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Total Ripoff Pioneer Spares

Trevor Wilson wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:

** Crikey !!!

AD must deal with a whole different kind of "DJ" to the ones I come across.

Words like "tight-arse", "con-artist", "hassler" and "whinger" cover most of them while the rest are straight out crims or drug dealers.

**That has been my experience with these scum too. When I've dealt with
them, I have felt an uncontrollable need to check my valuables and have
a good bath.

** Back in the mid 70s when disco took off in Australia, I had quite a few customers who hired out DJ equipment - some of these systems were large enough to double as a PA for bands.

The failure rate of the amplifiers was very high and so I got plenty of repair work on SAE 2200s & 2400s, Phase Linear 400s & 700s and Yamaha 2200 power amplifiers and many others.

I even designed a good quality DJ mixer that was produced in quantity and sold as JAI Sound.

When the disco craze started to wane in the late 80s, things turned nasty and a lot of crims entered the business - mostly as DJs who has bought their own gear.

One of my regular customers disposed of all his DJ hire stock cos he was getting constant death threats from competitors. It was that nasty.

Disco use is the hardest use of amps and speakers I know of - add take away hire to almost anyone and you have a disaster looing for somewhere to happen.

IME, DJs are equipment wreckers and thoroughly nasty people.

..... Phil