Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Total Ripoff Pioneer Spares

On 22/02/2015 9:13 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:

** Crikey !!!

AD must deal with a whole different kind of "DJ" to the ones I come
across.

Words like "tight-arse", "con-artist", "hassler" and "whinger" cover
most of them while the rest are straight out crims or drug dealers.

**That has been my experience with these scum too. When I've dealt
with them, I have felt an uncontrollable need to check my valuables
and have a good bath.

--
Trevor Wilson

Then there must be something really odd about the profession in your
country. I have found them to be nothing of the sort here. Either that,
or we're not talking about the same group of people ...

Arfa

**I suspect the pros in the UK are quite different to those over here.
Drugs are inextricably intertwined with discos here. The money in drugs
far exceeds that of how much professional DJs are paid. Still, I am well
out of that scene at my stage in life. My dealings with DJs has been at
what i would term 'serious amateur' level only. IOW: The people have a
weekday job and DJ at night or on weekends for a bit of extra cash. I
have seen the odd Pommy DJ turn up on the nightly news and they are
treated at rock stars by the young fools who imagine they have talent
(musicians are the ones who generally have the talent, not the guys who
play their music). Then again, maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy.

[ASIDE]: I recall visiting a trendy disco about 2 decades ago. Curious
about the music, I asked the DJ what it was (I could sorta recognise
it). "Oh, that's a 45RPM Visage single. We're playing it at 33. Cool, huh?"

It's a very weird industry.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au