Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone have a trick for getting Husqvarna chainsaw brake kickback spring back on?

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 21:45:30 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

Incidentally, I just blundered across this video on the 455 that
claims there's a "special tool" for reinstalling the brake spring.
I'll ask the local dealer or rep for the specifics. It's no in the
catalog.

From your image link, I found this tool made to compress the spring.

"...made a tool up to compress the spring back in place. This works
with the handle off, with the handle on, with the brake spring in
place and the spring out with little effort."

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/hardest-repair-ever-chain-brake-assembly.90197/page-2

https://tinyurl.com/qarvqr3