Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Total Ripoff Pioneer Spares

On 21/02/2015 2:35 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
Arfa Daily wrote:

I repair quite a few of the CDJ and DJM units, and they are expensive to
buy in the first place, but everyone that owns them loves them to bits. And
because of this, I've found that they don't bat an eyelid at the cost of
parts or the total repair costs. And the thing is that as you say yourself,
it might just be a knob, but it's a unique knob that has that right 'feel'
to it, so I suppose in some ways you can expect it to be expensive. The
people that own these things are generally professional DJs, so these units
are their tools that allow them, in some cases, to earn large amounts of
money, so they expect to pay a premium to get them repaired.

** Crikey !!!

AD must deal with a whole different kind of "DJ" to the ones I come across.

Words like "tight-arse", "con-artist", "hassler" and "whinger" cover most of them while the rest are straight out crims or drug dealers.

**That has been my experience with these scum too. When I've dealt with
them, I have felt an uncontrollable need to check my valuables and have
a good bath.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au