Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Anyone have a trick for getting Husqvarna chainsaw brakekickback spring back on?

Jeff Liebermann wrote, on Sat, 21 Feb 2015 09:35:54 -0800:

I also don't like your "easy way" of pushing the spring from the other
end using the plastic parts. The spring could bend and break the
projecting white prong thing as it is bent into position. While it
takes more brute force to shove the spring in place as in the above
video, there's less risk to breaking plastic parts.

Hi Jeff,

I don't disagree with you that there is a risk of breaking the nylon
insert.

The biggest risk, I would think, is that you have to do the procedure
about a dozen times before you realize the key elements to avoid, most
of which revolve around the spring bouncing all over the garage.

That spring flew into the air at least a half-dozen times on me, and,
I was amazed. You don't see it. You may hear it land, but each time it
flew, there was absolutely no way I could *see* where it went.

I'm surprised the thing moves that fast.

Today I cut a trail about 500 feet down a mountain. I have another
2000 feet or so to go, and I'll have a dandy shortcut! Whew! Time
to wash off that poison oak covering my body.

I have a secret formula:
1. I shower with Dawn detergent over every inch of my body (surfactant).
2. I splash a very dilute solution of bleach (to oxidize the alcohol/oil).
3. I soap down with Dawn (or Palmolive) again, to wash off the alcohol/oil.

Seems to work.