Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default Total Ripoff Pioneer Spares

On Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 4:52:48 PM UTC-5, Gareth Magennis wrote:

And this is not some old Pioneer hi-fi, this is Current production Pioneer
High End DJ gear for clubs/tours etc.

Gareth.

At least you have the advantage of the unit being a "high end" product. Imagine the fun of dealing with the same garbage on a low end unit..

I have a 50" Proscan LED TV only a few months old (2014 Black Friday POS) that has corrupted firmware. I have a dozen files from various brands that use the same basic mainboard but can't find the exact one that will give me a normal picture, or remote functions, etc.

I called Proscan, and they won't send me the firmware (had to explain to the phone dunce what firmware was). So I asked for the eeprom; they don't sell ICs. I asked for a price on the main, and they said they don't sell those either. Their solution is to pack up the TV and send it to Michigan for repair.

Of course, the customer abandoned this toilet for a problem that could be solved with an email. So the TV is junk unless and until I get another one like it in the shop with an intact firmware that I can copy.