Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Total Ripoff Pioneer Spares

Yeah, we live in a society in which you get paid more to play than to work, and in which things are worth one tenth the sum of their parts.

They gougya. I DO understand business and that they are paying rent on these things and that boxes and all kinds of administrative costs make part cost more apart than when the unit is mass produced. But fifteen bucks is out of line for a knob.

Unless the customer is persnickety I would consider replacing them all with sometbing that matches well enough and is a bunch cheaper, maybe even used off a junk unit somewhere. However that doesn't cut it for a bona fide restoration or things like that. And sopme people/shops have a policy that everything is according to the manufacturer.

Well they have their clientele and I have mine. Except for the esoteric audiophile type most of them don't give a **** much as long as they can turn the knob. Nice if the all match.