Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Anyone have a trick for getting Husqvarna chainsaw brake kickbackspring back on?

A bunch of trees fell down on my neighbor's property during the last
pineapple express, and his little Ryobi 8" electric chainsaw wasn't
up to the task because we stripped the hold-down bolt threads:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7348/1...ee2d2572_c.jpg

So I lent him my Husqvarna 18" chainsaw for chopping up the fallen trees:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7455/1...981a9d47_z.jpg

End result is that the kickback spring mechanism must have jammed hard,
I think it happened exactly as this picture was taken, actually:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7333/1...d6f14257_z.jpg

The result is that I had a devil of a time getting the hold-down cover
off today because the chain break coil was tightly wrapped around the
chainsaw spinning drum:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7285/1...88a7f82c_c.jpg

I finally was able to loosen the spring circular kickback clamp,
but the spring popped out of his slot in the process:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7288/1...f166b3b8_c.jpg

The problem now, is getting the kickback clamp spring back on:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7349/1...52e56134_z.jpg

I tried all sorts of leverage tools, but that spring is STRONG!
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7281/1...1282dc75_z.jpg

Anyone know the trick to get that super strong spring back on?