Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default When hangup calls back

Not sure exactly what you're asking here.

I do know this, when on a dialup with call waiting, ass *70, before the number it dials. Yes, include the comma. Sometimes you don't need the coma, sometimes you do. All it does is tells the MODEM to pause. That gives the system time to issues the second dial tone. Sometimes it doesn't matter, but if you are still on dialup for all I know you could be in East Jabbaba somewhere with a 100 year old phone system. I see DSL in the US ffor like twenty bucks a month. Actually if you can get it without the phone service you couldd just geet a ?Magicjack for the phone hich is something like twenty bucks a year.

Oh, old phone systems, if, on the really off change you have call waiting but not tone dialing it is 1170 instead of *70, though 1170 should also work on tome dialing.

Now to stop the telemarketer you need what's called "sit tones.wav" which are the tones you hear when you dial a nuber not in service. Record that on your answering machine before you outgoing message. Then the computer at most telemarker's should pull your number from the list.