Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] dave@daveryder.com is offline

Default Basic fuse question

On Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 9:44:57 AM UTC-6, John Robertson wrote:
On 01/29/2015 1:16 AM, Phil Allison wrote:
wrote:

** Got any idea what the letter "T" stands for ?

Hint - it ain't "time".

Hey, I know there is some joking around going on here (and some animosity, too apparently) but the "T" DOES actually stand for: "T = Time. Time Delay or Slow Blow.(Typically open between 100 and 300 ms @ ten times the rated current)"

Correct? Or am I missing something?

** Yes - the word with that T as the initial letter.

It's the German word "Trage" meaning "dragged out" or leaden.

All the letter codes on common fuses are for German words.

F = " Flink " for quickly or rapid.

http://www.thefusewarehouse.com/page...e_markings.php

Amaze your friends...

.... Phil

Isn't that chart just for the European fuses? It is interesting none the
less...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Thanks everyone for being so helpful, it's always cool to pick the brains of some guys who know what they're doing ps about the shrink wrap, it's not a glass fuse, it's a ceramic fuse so the wrapping is still sort of a mystery I guess. Anyway thanks again I'll keep plugging away at it til I figure it out

Dave