Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] dave@daveryder.com is offline

Default Basic fuse question

On Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 8:29:15 PM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:
"mike"

Ok, let me quote the amazon page for you.

QUALITY USA brand fuses!! Set of 5 pieces, T3.15AH250V, T3.15A 250V, T3..15
H250V, T3.15A 250V, T3.15H250V cartridge CERAMIC fuses 5X20mm (3/16" X
3/4"), 3.15A 250V, SLOW-blow (Time Delay)

** Got any idea what the letter "T" stands for ?

Hint - it ain't "time".

... Phil

Hey, I know there is some joking around going on here (and some animosity, too apparently) but the "T" DOES actually stand for: "T = Time. Time Delay or Slow Blow.(Typically open between 100 and 300 ms @ ten times the rated current)"

Correct? Or am I missing something? BTW that comes from this google cached page:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

I'm just trying to learn, I've got to replace that same damn fuse, and I'm frankly having a bitch of a time figuring out what's causing it to blow (it's the psu from a 32' flatscreen tv if that matters) Replaced a bunch of bad caps, and it powers up for about 3 seconds with a nice picture, and then bam blown fuse. Does rogaine help for hair regrowth that you pulled out yourself lol?