Thread: Eden Bass Amp
View Single Post
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster

Default Eden Bass Amp

"The pre-amp PCB is likely damaged - the external speaker jack on the Eden carries audio power on BOTH tip and sleeve, since the module is BTL. "

Are you ****ing kidding me ? That is a stupid design.

Yeah I kinda figured it was BTL looking at all the copper sunk chppers on the obttom of the board. At first I said "Where the **** are the outputs ?" and the boss says "Oh now you're using ****ing foul language". I said "**** yeah".

But anyway, this unit did not appear to have any speaker output. If marketed here the UL probably mandated that because of people's stupidity. Like when a 6 amp fuse blows and it blows a new one so they go get a 20 amp.

Yeah, this tip and sleeve ****, you can make it adapt real nice for input huh. but for output we got a problem. The wrong plug shorts out the jack right ? then what ? Blow a fuse ? the one thing I have noticed about music equipment is that ost of it has not protection, or not enough.

Tell you what though, there is an exception. I got this Yammerhammer wedge powered mixer, like 600 a channel with a blown channel. That thing has protect. It is cosmetically poor, but function is worth something. Be nice not to worry if the knobs match. (is there like a color code for those ?)

Anyway, I got the transistors fro that, the full set, but that company diudn't have the reistors I want. Emitter resistors and a set of base resistors.. They got like 47s going to the bases and double 0.47s off each emitter, three pairs.

The parts are wasy, but right now we are waiting until we got a decent sizable order. We own this **** so there is no rush.