Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DVD Duplicator

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015, Leif Neland wrote:

kom med følgende:
On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 9:12:46 PM UTC-8, Michael Black wrote:
I don't know about the details, but it did seem like some of
the low end players were coveted precisely because they could
be changed in this way.

The Apex AD-600A could be made region-free with a specific key sequence
from the remote contgrol. The Apex AD-1500 needed a file loaded from a
CD-ROM. I also got a Coby from Walgreens for about $20 that could be
programmed easily with the remote.

A little off-topic regarding to duplication, but with the price of
DVD-players, there is little gained for the content suppliers by using region
codes.

I can get a DVD-player for the price of about 1½ premium DVD, so if my main
DVD-player could only play region X, I'd just buy another to play region Y.

You don't even need to buy them anymore. I have four or five I've found
in the garbage, and they all worked fine, at least for the brief time I
actually tried them.

Michael