Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default I found a great deal for solderwick on Ebay

"I use it with the NASA approved wet wicking method, so it never goes
bad. "

I Googld that and got this :

http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~phylab...s/Soldered.pdf

Of ocurse for people to do it by the book there ust be a book so this makes sense. But DE-soldering ? they had to wirte a book on that ? I'd like to see it. Google failed me.

When I was a teenager they were trying to recruit me. I took a pre-ASVAB (sp I think...) and they told me I could tsst into an E something because of electronic abilities. I didn't, but one day I am riding with one of the recruiters for some reason and I get into the car I see a sign on the glovebox, dashboard whatever says "THIS VEHICLE SHALL NOT bE PLACED INTO MOTION UNESS ALL OCCUPANTS ARE WEARINGG SEAT BELTS". I asked the guy "What's that mean it won't satart or it won't go into gesr ?". Hw said "No, that's just they way they talk".

So concirvable in about 1977 I could have joined up, and then soon be court martialed for not wearing a seat belt. OK.

You know, thinking back, in 1977 or thereabouts, they were about geting out of Nam and all. If I joined I probably would have not had to worry about agent orange and ****. Maybe go to Germany or something.

As much as I thoroughly detest how this country's military is misused for the profiteers, it does help some people achieve a self discipline which is desirable. Would be better without the brainwashing but what would kids get on the street ? Oh, what I got. I got an education in all kinds of **** like recreational drugs, ganging around and all that goes with that.

I'm not making excuses for not being a little closer to perfect, I am so far it is ridiculous, and I think I am bettert han many but I can see I oculd have been better. And that might have been what would do it for me. Hell givem four years and if nothing else work for the post office.

Hear the one about the vet at the post office looking for a job ? Interviewer asks "You were in the military ?" guy says "Yes". He asks "Were you injured ?" guy says "Yes". "What happened ?". Apppicant says "Well there was an explosion and it blew my balls off". "You're hired, we start at nine in the morning, see you at ten". The new employees says "You just said we start at nine, why do I come in at ten ?".

"Well, for the first hour we stand around and scratch our balls, you can skip that".