John Laird

Default Short Cycling Boiler

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:17:22 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

How do I know if I have a condensing boiler? It was in the house
when I moved in, and there are no instructions for it.

It probably isn't. Does it have a make or model? What does the flue exit
look like and what route does it take? If it is short (i.e. straight through
the wall), it will plume noticeably if condensing.

I would have thought the whole point of a condensing boiler is that the
exhaust contains little or no water vapour. A condenser will have a
permanent drain, although this could of course be coupled to the pressure
relief plumbing and not be immediately obvious.

--
Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, others gargle.

Mail john rather than nospam...