Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] walter_evening@post.com is offline

Default Phantom voltage in a disconnected busbar?

On 2015-06-05, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus22165 fired this volley in
:

But I am still wondering how, on a disconnected busbar, I would read
that phantom voltage. Was that just electromagnetic induction?

It is still a mystery to me.

The biggest question is how come it was only on one of the two
identical boxes.

The real first question is, "what was your reference"?

Bus to bus and bus to ground

If I were there, I'd call service and ask them if they are supplying power to that address at that moment, then wait to have the utility people come by.

Then tell them just as you said he "There was literally NO incoming power that was not disconnected, back-fed, or anything. "

Then they'd test to see if that was the case.

They'd find out if: "on one box out of two" your "'Sperry voltage tester' registered live voltage" or not.