Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default O/T: GOP Eyes Changes to Food-Stamp Program

On 2/18/2015 12:32 PM, Baxter wrote:
Just Wondering wrote in
:

On 2/18/2015 7:46 AM, Baxter wrote:
Just Wondering wrote:

On 2/17/2015 7:43 PM, Baxter wrote:

the right-wing has been trying to cancel SS for over 50 years

I call bull**** on that claim. Put up or shut up.

Oh, get real. Republicans have been opposed to SS since it first
came to the US. All today's rhetoric is right out of Hoover's
playbook http://tinyurl.com/kmmmsme
See also:
http://tinyurl.com/pmr7bec
http://tinyurl.com/ldnjdys
All the same adverse claims we hear today from the right, I heard 50
years ago.

I looked at all three sites. There's not a shred of evidence on any
of them that "the right-wing has been trying to cancel SS for over 50
years." So your claim IS bull****.

------------
The 80-Year Conservative War On Social Security Is Back For More

Social Security, in more ways than one the mother of all U.S. entitlement
programs, has been the dragon that conservatives have succeeded in
slashing, but never slaying, over its 80-year history. Their opposition
has morphed from outright ideological grounds as the program was being
debated during the New Deal era to a campaign masked in careful rhetoric
once Social Security became virtually untouchable as a political animal.

But the program has never been perceived by the left as an existential
threat the way it has been by many on the right. To understand where
conservatives are now, you have to understand how they got there. The
following is derived in large part from "The Battle for Social
Security," authored by Social Security Works's co-director Nancy Altman,
and TPM's own consultations with other experts on the program.

http://tinyurl.com/jw3r7zs

See also:
http://tinyurl.com/ntu5sva

I looked at both sites. There's still not a shred of evidence on any
of them that "the right-wing has been trying to cancel SS for over 50
years." That's strikes one, two, three, and four. You're OUT!