Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,sci.electronics.design
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Update on the treehouse bridge in the redwoods of the Santa Cruz mountains

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 19:24:43 +0000 (UTC), DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 11:19:58 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 06:25:51 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

We're not sure how we're going to attach to the big redwood yet though,
so, that is our next engineering task to figure out

When the dog finally walks out on the structure, you'll have it about
right

Drill a big hole through it, and put a stainless bar through the hole.
Voila! Attachment pins!

That should weaken the tree so it is sure to fail. Every see what
happens to trees, in high winds after woodpeckers make a hole in a
loblolly pine tree - they snap off during hurricane winds and
woodpeckers have no place to live (Carolina's - coastal region)