Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Drawers

On 2/14/15 5:22 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
I heard something brief about building drawers with pocket screws, but
heard none of the details. I thought about it for a few minutes, and
this is what I came up with:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguar...ream/lightbox/

I figure that way none of the screws would show, unless you removed the
drawer completely to look at the back. It looks pretty easy too. You
could even make the dado for the bottom on the stock before cutting it
it to length.

The main drawback that I can think of is being drummed out of the
woodworking fraternity for doing something as low class as that.

Are there other reasons to avoid it? This is all just speculation at
this point, I don't have a particular project in mind. But I hadn't
thought of making drawers this way before and it piqued my interest.

---
protection is active.

Looks fine to me! Let the elitists snear.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--