Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default O/T: GOP Eyes Changes to Food-Stamp Program

On 2/14/2015 4:00 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

In my brother's case, he was killed in a car accident and left behind a
4 years old son.
Suddenly, he can't provide for his child what he normally would've for
the next 14 years until that child is old enough to provide for himself.
My brother paid into Social Security his entire working life. Why
shouldn't it go to his family, his son, until he's old enough to provide
for himself?

That was not the intention of SS. They sell insurance that will provide
for the family. Younger people can get term insurance cheap if they are
concerned about the family.

Like any program, the more you want to provide, the more we have to pay
in. Chances are, his family collected more than he put into the system