Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default O/T: GOP Eyes Changes to Food-Stamp Program

On 2/14/15 9:26 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/14/2015 8:46 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/14/2015 7:40 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

The Social Security Insurance program in my opinion was a very
poor investment.

A Ponzi scheme, by any definition of the term.

Very true, but. . . SS does guarantee some income for the masses.
Without it, we'd have a lot of poor older people too old to work
with NO savings or investment at all. Our politicians have
*******ized it over the years making it a give-away program for a
lot of people, not just the retired.

No kidding. It still p's me off that my brother retired on SSDI and
his two boys got 7 or 8 years of SSI until they got out of high
school - or turned 21 - I can't remember. Kids have not earned that
benefit, and I just don't buy into that program.

Why shouldn't your family get the benefits that you paid into from your
hard earned income?

In my mind Social Security is the only "entitlement" that IS entitled.
You're entitled to it because you paid into it. Just like unemployment.
You pay into it from every paycheck, so if you get laid off it's there
for you.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)