Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default O/T: GOP Eyes Changes to Food-Stamp Program

On 2/14/2015 8:25 AM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 02/14/2015 12:14 AM, Baxter wrote:
Max wrote in news:54dec4d0$0$1242$c3e8da3$460562f1
@news.astraweb.com:

On 2/13/2015 5:54 PM, Just Wondering wrote:

Require every EBT card recipient to show up for work -- some work,
ANY
work -- picking up litter, mowing lawns, painting fences, pulling
weeds, digging holes and filling them back up, babysitting the kids of
those who are out pulling weeds, supervising the litter pickers. Can't
do physical labor? Sit in your wheelchair holding up a "People
Working"
sign by those who are moving rocks for their EBT cards. We can exempt
the truly disabled. Want a $300 EBT card? Put in 40 hours of work
first. Don't like it? Then get off your butt and find a real job.

You been reading my mail...

Children made up 45 percent of people receiving food stamps, according to
the most recent annual report issued by the USDA in November 2012. An
additional 9 percent were over age 60.

-----------
Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of
Entitlement
Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3677

Including Social Security and Medicare as "entitlements" greatly skews
the data that is the subject of this thread.

Personally I do not considered Social Security Insurance an entitlement
program. (At least that is the way it was sold to the American people
until the democrats siphoned it off to eliminate poverty. Just for the
record Poverty is a higher percentage of the population today than it
was when they started "fighting it")

For over 50 years the government has been taking a large percent of my
income ON THE PROMISE they would provide income for my retirement

If that money had been modestly invested in the stock market which on
the average has been growing at a rate of 10% per year, I would be a
multi millionaire to day. The Social Security Insurance program in my
opinion was a very poor investment.