Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: GOP Eyes Changes to Food-Stamp Program

Lew Hodgett wrote:
The headline above caught my eye and made me wonder if it
got the attention of USA farmers?

Since food stamps directly impact overall food consumption
by creating more food customers, which in turn has a direct
impact on food production, which directly affects the farm
economy, you have to wonder whether farmers will be happy
with food stamp program changes by the GOP.

Wonder what percentage of farmers vote these days?

It will be interesting how this one plays out.

Lew

"Leon" wrote:

I wonder how it will affect breweries.

It will have zero impact on beer sales since they are excluded
from food stamp purchases; however, yeast sales to the
bakeries will probably see an increase.

Lew