Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Computer Enclosure (not a case)

jwalker wrote in
:

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 03:10:59 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Interesting. I had a local guy build me a new tower last month and it
is pretty noisy. I had always assumed it was the 2 fans on the
graphics card but doing a little testing I have found that the 2 fans
in the case are the culprit. I am betting it is the front one.

Looks like I need to begin a search for a "quiet" fan that delivers
the flow to keep this sucker cool.

Good tip about SpeedFan. I have used Core Temp in the past and
although it doesn't provide as many monitoring points it does offer a
setable shutdown point and that has saved me a few times.
Unfortunately it does not play well with AMD so I running on the edge.

Thanks for the post.

Jim

If you remove the fans from the case and then run them, do they make a
lot of noise? (It's ok to run the PC for a few minutes with the fans
loose.) I've got to wonder if part of the noise isn't vibration related.
You might eliminate the noise with a couple of plumbing washers.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.