Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default cleanest cut

"Leon" wrote in message

I run bearings above and below the cutter so I can raise or lower the
cutter and run the work through in the proper direction in regards to
the grain and curve. This is an alternative to flipping the cutter over
and switching the rotation direction.

John

That would be an advantage too. Fortunately since I was not removing more
than 1/16" back cutting/going the wrong way was also effortless and with
out any excitement.

I have been known to climb cut on the router table when there was little to
remove... and the router bits are "safety bits" rather than "winged" so
they will only take a small bite anyway...

The router and it's bits will only spin in one direction... This is another
reason I like the shaper as the reverse option comes in handy. In fact,
there are times I run it in reverse simply because the feed direction is
more convenient for the particular task.

John