Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default cleanest cut

On 2/4/2015 3:16 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
I looked at the video of the guy making chopping blocks with the
laminate then cut then insert slice then laminate and repeat technique

doing a variation on this (not a choppingblock) and used the jigsaw
it's not a bad cut but it's not so clean that it only needs a light
sanding

Share your method for this step if you've used the technique.

didn't want to change my bandsaw blade to do this but maybe I should

Which video? I built 6 cutting boards in December with curvy laminated
veneers. It does involve much more than cutting with a BS and gluing if
your curved veneers are of significant thickness.

If your veneers are going to be curved you must remove as much material
as you plan to replace or the radius's will not be the same for mating
surfaces.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/15897193448/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/15897346730/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/