Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Humility

On 1/29/15, 6:38 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Leon wrote:

AND Jeez. Our president wants to make community colleges free to
all!

I can appreciate the gesture but that is only going to appeal to
those that should not be going to college in the first place.
A free college for all will be no different than adding more years
to high school. It will be free so the vast majority that did not
want to be in school in the first place will be there taking up
space. I am of the firm belief that 90% of the students that don't
directly pay for their higher education will get less from it, what
do they have to loose? If you want a lower quality education choose
one that is funded by the tax payers. If you want a lower quality
health care system, choose one funded by the tax payers.

It's only "FREE" if you maintain a 2.5 GPA.

I also saw a requirement for 50% attendance.

That's a little tough to do if you are one of the jerk heads you
describe above.

Lew