Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Humility

knuttle wrote:

I agree it is the parents. It starts with the little kid when you
bring him home from the hospital. At that point you start to develop
his moral and social value system. During this time you help him
develop his basic respect for friends, family, neighbors, the police
and other institutions. ie doing unto others what they would have
others do unto them. not coveting the things your neighbor has, there
are several other valid rules to follow.

PS: I to think I did well with my kids also. Both are college
graduates, and have good jobs. Both have been in stable marriages
for nearly 20 years, and while the one can not have children the
other is raising to nice grandsons for me.

Echo! Don't feel the need to justify any more than that. Thanks Keith.

--

-Mike-