Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Delta 35-7657 vs. Dewalt DW7657 - Same Blade?

On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 9:17:27 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
According to this post from 2007, the 2 blades listed in the subject line are (were?) the same blade and also are (were?) decent blades.

Does anyone know if this is still true?

Stolen without permission from:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...=blade%20turns

"The DeWalt DW7657 is a relatively low cost dark horse in this group. At $50, this British made precision GP blade offers similar geometry and performance as the WWII. Cutting performance was on par with the other top contenders. It too suffered slower feedrates than it's TK counterparts on my saw, but remains an excellent budget conscious choice for larger saws. Note that this blade was part of the DW series 60 line, but is now also available as the Delta 35-7657...often seen in the $40 range (or less!) A terrific bang for the buck in the full kerf GP class. "

The thing is that Amazon currently has the DW7657 for $55 minus 20% but they carry the Delta 35-7657 for $18.50. Can they really be the same blade? Can a $18.50 blade be any good?

DW7657:

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW7657-...+INCH+40+TOOTH

Delta 35-7657:

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW7657-...+INCH+40+TOOTH

Sorry, I seem to have posted the same link for both blades. Here are the correct links:

Delta 35-7657:

http://www.amazon.com/35-7657-10-Inc...n=B0 00O7UESC

DW7657:

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW7657-...oductDetail s