Posted to rec.woodworking
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default Make That Hole Bigger!

On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:36:54 -0600
-MIKE- wrote:

Like most HF copies of otherwise expensive tools, I thought these
would be lousy. But they are higher quality than I expected. You'll
see them a lot in the electrical and sheet metal industries where
they after have to enlarge holes in metal.

I finally used the one I've got. It says england on the shaft
I think it's sorby

Wow this is a great bit to have. I was covering some wood with
sheet metal and this let me get the size for bolts just right.
Understand now why the are called step bits

for a small vase I used this to make a tapered hole then a regular
bit to go further. I wanted to maintain the vase's weight at the
base.

I started paying attention to these on the store shelf and they
are very expensive
will check out HF bits for sure