Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cute arbor press

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 3:01:03 PM UTC-7, Jim Wilkins wrote:
wrote in message
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 2:13:01 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

I can think of many uses from electronic connectors to using it
for
bushings on RC models.

Well I lied. The press is about 6 inches tall. There are no holes
mount it on anything, but it fits very nicely in my vise. I can
think
of a lot of uses for it, but they all work just as well in my
regular
arbor press. With its small size it is somewhat awkward.

Dan
========================

I use my milling vise as a small arbor press. It reaches 1000 Lbs
with
normal handle force.
-jsw

Using a milling vise often means you don't have to leave the machine
your setting up/running. Job shop owners love that! :)

I wouldn't know about that.

I received an initial pencil sketch and delivered finished and tested
hardware, and except for signing off the drawings and purchase orders
rarely heard much from the engineer who wanted it in between. They
were too busy defining and writing the software.

-jsw