Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cute arbor press

On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 11:39:53 AM UTC-7, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Thu, 28 May 2015 19:39:39 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I went to a tag sale this morning and among other things I bought an arbor press. It had a bunch of surface rust, but no pitting. And has no brand name or for that matter no text on it. The whole thing is only about five inches high. So it is much smaller than say a 1/2 ton arbor press.

I bought it because it was cute, and only $5. But am curious if anyone knows of an application for such a small arbor press. I already have a 1/2 or 1 ton arbor press.

Dan

Lots of uses. Crimping little pins into place, we've drilled the sides
of the ram and attached X-acto blades for cutting spacers, etc.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Very easy to convert an arbor press into a special purpose tool that's not dedicated. Glad you mentioned this! :)