Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus17447 Ignoramus17447 is offline

Default Dennis Hastert indicted by Feds

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/denni...ry?id=31376076

Without knowing much detail, I find this article to be deeply
disturbing.

It seems that the crime that Dennis Hastert is accused of, is being a
victim of a successful blackmailer, and "structuring" his cash
withdrawals that he made to pay off and appease the blackmailer.

Added to that is "lying to investigators", which seems like a garden
variety retort that he "kept the money for himself".

Is that really the kind of criminal behavior that endangers our
society? What else is going on, is he falling victim to powerful
enemies?

I read some other stories recently, where "Muslim extremists" are
similarly pursued by the FBI and put in prison for some ridiculous
"crimes" like lying to the FBI. OK, in that case at least these
"extremists" are sworn and overt enemies of the USA, so I wrote that
off as a new normal.

But what about Dennis Hastert?