Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_6_] Tim Wescott[_6_] is offline

Default Quick connector for Class 8 dual wheels.

On Tue, 26 May 2015 08:34:29 -0600, gary wrote:

http://www.mwdropbox.com/Dropbox/Airline_connector.jpg

The above is the type currently used. Twice. The other is a 180 deg
fitting for the outer wheel.

20+ minutes to install per wheelset on hands and knees.

I'm looking for some kind of quick connector, installation tool(s) ok.
Need to install, drive 24-36 hours, remove, install on different
equipment, drive, remove. As many as 6 wheelsets every time.

Reason, using customer owned trailers. Customer is REAL cheap. We're
finding recapped tires with casings showing production codes 8-10 years
old.

Rubber in the casings is old & hard, seeps air around the bead, tire
gets hot, disintegrates.

Had as many as 3 tires blow SLC-ATL-SLC

Im looking to use a "Halo" (http://www.aperiatech.com/) to reduce or
eliminate this unnecessary nonsense.

Make "dealing with cheap tires" a line item on your invoice?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services