Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Monarch AA vs Polamco/Toolmex TUG 40 lathe

On Fri, 22 May 2015 20:26:10 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Its a shame, that low top speed on the Monarch is a killer. that's why
it has no wear. I'd send it on down the road.

Slow speed has been the Achilles' heel of Monarchs for decades. They
are magnificent machine tools -- one of the best representations of
American machine tool design. But they were made for HSS tooling.

I don't know what the speed of Iggy's machine should be, but even if
it's running at its top designed speed, if it's from 1944, it will be
slow.

--
Ed Huntress