Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It mows

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 18 May 2015 22:27:13 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

dpb wrote:
On 05/18/2015 8:32 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

... I'm not sure what pressure I've got in the tires right
now , but probably too much. Less pressure , especially on the rear
, means more tread in contact with the ground and that might be
part of my traction problems.

W/o looking at the spec, I'll bet about 14 psi will be recommended.

Even more significant will be adding some weight if you're pulling
something...

During the icy season I had a board laying across the fenders under
the seat with a 70 lb bag of sand on each side . The fenders weren't
quite wide enough ... with the added weight and the chains , I was
able to clear our road to the highway so everybody down here could
get out . What I need is a couple of 2-3" thick steel rounds I could
bolt to the wheels . Bet it wouldn't spin then !

POP! And oh-so-easy to R&R, eh?

Are you using chains in the ice/snow?

One of my first purchases was a set of chains - because I knew from the
start clearing ice and snow would be the primary winter use for it .

--
Snag