Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It mows

On Mon, 18 May 2015 22:18:34 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

I said , then

Larry Jaques wrote:

I've never had problems with traction except from dead starts with the
wheels on the stops.

I spin 'em all the time when using the front blade . Lowering the pressure
in the tires might help ... I don't remember what I put in them when I
mounted them , seems like it was around 20 or so - which is probably about
10 lbs too much .

15 too much, according to the manual. Yeah, a front blade would
require LOTS of traction, and likely real tractor tires with heavy
lugs and liquid filling.

Hey, guys, who sells the cheapest tires for these critters? My fronts
are bald. Carlisle 15x6.00x6NHS Turf Saver II.

I'm waiting on delivery of 2 16 x 6.50 - 8's at about 30 bucks each
including tax . My tire guy matched WM , but I gotrta mount them . WM would
probably insisted in mounting , for another 15 bucks or so because these are
"special case" wheels .

I've found them for $26-52 each for the exact same tire. I like to
sell at retail, but _buy_ at wholesale, please.

I still need to figure out why the main deck height knob on the lift
mechanism isn't working correctly , it seems to be stuck . I expect
by weeks end I'll have it all sorted out and correctly adjusted .
Today I'll be picking up new tires for the front and a new belt for
the main drive . New spindle bearings on the outboards are coming
too . That should be all I need to have it fully and properly
functioning .

Got the deck adjustments figured out , new belt in hand , and am awaiting
those tires to get it adjusted properly . If all the new parts arrive on
time I'll be spending friday and saturday (if she works both) finishing up
and getting the front blade back on .

Is it just a scraper blade, for leveling your drive, or what? Pics,
please, once she's mounted.

--
When we are planning for posterity, we ought
to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

(comparing Paine to the current CONgress deep sigh)