Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It mows

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
dpb wrote:
On 05/18/2015 8:32 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

... I'm not sure what pressure I've got in the tires right
now , but probably too much. Less pressure , especially on the
rear
, means more tread in contact with the ground and that might be
part
of my traction problems.

W/o looking at the spec, I'll bet about 14 psi will be recommended.

Even more significant will be adding some weight if you're pulling
something...

During the icy season I had a board laying across the fenders under
the seat with a 70 lb bag of sand on each side . The fenders weren't
quite wide enough ... with the added weight and the chains , I was
able to clear our road to the highway so everybody down here could
get out . What I need is a couple of 2-3" thick steel rounds I could
bolt to the wheels . Bet it wouldn't spin then !

--
Snag

A neighbor had leftover 25 Lb wheel weights from a Sears bagging(?)
kit that included them for tractors smaller than his. They didn't
directly fit his or mine, but I have machine tools...

You could ask Sears if they have extras from kits they installed.

-jsw