Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default It mows

Terry Coombs wrote:
dpb wrote:
On 05/18/2015 8:32 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

... I'm not sure what pressure I've got in the tires right
now , but probably too much. Less pressure , especially on the rear
, means more tread in contact with the ground and that might be part
of my traction problems.

W/o looking at the spec, I'll bet about 14 psi will be recommended.

Even more significant will be adding some weight if you're pulling
something...

During the icy season I had a board laying across the fenders under the
seat with a 70 lb bag of sand on each side . The fenders weren't quite wide
enough ... with the added weight and the chains , I was able to clear our
road to the highway so everybody down here could get out . What I need is a
couple of 2-3" thick steel rounds I could bolt to the wheels . Bet it
wouldn't spin then !

Don't be sure of that. I have the Cub Cadet equivalent of that Deere.
For winter duty it has a 275 pound steel cab, loaded tires, chains, and
190 pounds of wheel weights, plus my FA in the seat and it still spins !!

Cub Cadet 2263 (it was an 1863 from the factory but I stuck a 22 horse
on it) It's from the last true garden tractor series that CC put out.
Then they started the 1000/2000 series to meet box store pricing. The
3000 series were nice but $$$$$$

--
Steve W.