Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It mows

I said , then
Larry Jaques wrote:

I've never had problems with traction except from dead starts with the
wheels on the stops.

I spin 'em all the time when using the front blade . Lowering the pressure
in the tires might help ... I don't remember what I put in them when I
mounted them , seems like it was around 20 or so - which is probably about
10 lbs too much .

Hey, guys, who sells the cheapest tires for these critters? My fronts
are bald. Carlisle 15x6.00x6NHS Turf Saver II.

I'm waiting on delivery of 2 16 x 6.50 - 8's at about 30 bucks each
including tax . My tire guy matched WM , but I gotrta mount them . WM would
probably insisted in mounting , for another 15 bucks or so because these are
"special case" wheels .

I still need to figure out why the main deck height knob on the lift
mechanism isn't working correctly , it seems to be stuck . I expect
by weeks end I'll have it all sorted out and correctly adjusted .
Today I'll be picking up new tires for the front and a new belt for
the main drive . New spindle bearings on the outboards are coming
too . That should be all I need to have it fully and properly
functioning .

Got the deck adjustments figured out , new belt in hand , and am awaiting
those tires to get it adjusted properly . If all the new parts arrive on
time I'll be spending friday and saturday (if she works both) finishing up
and getting the front blade back on .

--
Snag