Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It mows

On Sun, 17 May 2015 13:40:27 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2015 10:16:26 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2015 06:54:50 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Larry Jaques fired this volley
in :

By design, or after one or more blades hit rocks during the first
mowing?

By LACK of design, is more like it. The decks are stamped, and
seldom rigid enough to maintain alignment in any circumstances,
even just shipping from factory-to-customer.

Lloyd

This deck is nearly an eighth of an inch thick , made back when
quality was a consideration . I'm not sure exactly when it was made
, probably in the 80's . I'm still looking for alignment
information , found a couple of references but no actual
specs/information on what and how . I did find a mention that the
front should be 1/4" lower than the back , but no information on
how to accomplish that .

Spindle or deck itself? That difference right there would be enough
to cause a pattern to show in the mown lawn.

Why is it that wives don't understand the drive to finish a
project while you're focused on it ?

Maybe because they have literally dozens of other projects lined up
waiting for you?

No , actually it was her day off and she wanted to "do something" .
Probably wanted me to think up "something to do" too ...

So why didn't we hear that you said "OK, hon. Go jump into your Levis
and an old tee and we'll finish this together.", hmm?

You don't get it . She expects me to KNOW that she wants something . It
wouldn't be fair if she actually said something ... like "Hey , ya wanna go

Which is why women should come with instructions...

to town and get a burger and then hit some of the tourist trap shops on
main?"
"We've enjoyed 25 years of wedded bilss . "

I've enjoyed 61 years of unwedded bliss so far, and I'm the happiest
when listening to these stories y'all tell, knowwhatImean,Vern?

--
When we are planning for posterity, we ought
to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

(comparing Paine to the current CONgress deep sigh)