Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It mows

On Sat, 16 May 2015 22:25:11 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"Terry Coombs" fired this volley in
:

And it mows quite well . The belts need to be replaced , but they
work
well enough to see that my weedeater is going to get a lot less usage
from now on .

Yeah, but do all three blades cut in the same plane? I've seen new
mowers that couldn't do that! (distinct, individual blade paths
visible in the cut-width)

Lloyd

Yup , they seem to be all in the same plane as far as I can tell . Not as
smooth as a putting green , but then the area I tested it on was the power
line easement , grass and weeds/wildflowers were between knee and waist high
. I need to sharpen and balance the blades , there's a little vibration .
I'm on totally new ground here , my previous mower experience is a 22" cut
single blade u-push-it unit . A guy could easily get spoiled by a machine
like this ...
BTW , for those that were discussing leveling the deck - This deck rides
on wheels , with rollers at center front and rear to (I think) help stop
scalping . There is no way to level the deck other than to adjust the lift
links for side/side leveling . I'll be looking at an online manual for
information on how it's supposed to be set up .

Adjust the wheels??