Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It mows

On Sun, 17 May 2015 06:33:48 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

By design, or after one or more blades hit rocks during the first
mowing?

By LACK of design, is more like it.

Perzactly. One has to buy the thicker "pro" blades to keep them from
bending on the first gopher mound or tree root the deck hits. The
resultant non-vibrating deck is a wonder to behold. shakes head

The decks are stamped, and seldom
rigid enough to maintain alignment in any circumstances, even just shipping
from factory-to-customer.

Heathen! You forget that the lighter weight decks are cheaper and
easier to ship and pull around, saving five to ten molecules of CO2
over their short lifetimes. Greenies everywhere love them. sigh

--
When we are planning for posterity, we ought
to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

(comparing Paine to the current CONgress deep sigh)