Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default It mows

On Sat, 16 May 2015 22:25:11 -0500
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

snip
BTW , for those that were discussing leveling the deck - This deck rides
on wheels , with rollers at center front and rear to (I think) help stop
scalping . There is no way to level the deck other than to adjust the lift
links for side/side leveling . I'll be looking at an online manual for
information on how it's supposed to be set up .

The wheels are like safety bumpers. During normal use they shouldn't be
touching the ground.

The lift links are indeed how you level from side to side. Usually
there are some sort of threaded rod/couplers used in the front hook up
that are adjusted for the front to back height.

John Deere's manuals are hard to come by for free. They want you to PAY
for everything you get from them...

I put this together for a neighbor's machine, newer than yours:

http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/Manual-Owners.pdf

Download and save it. Maybe it is enough like yours to get you on the
right track. I'll be removing it as soon as you say you have it...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b