Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_6_] Tim Wescott[_6_] is offline

Default Wire Bend

On Mon, 04 May 2015 22:02:06 -0500, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

Tim Wescott fired this volley in
:

I needed someone to tell me to do what I knew I needed to do. I'm

kinda
disappointed in the kit

I've got two kits on the shelf that have had to sit there until I get
this military project done and accepted.

I don't think I've ever built a kit that I didn't modify -- sometimes a
lot. Unless the whole thing is a botch-job, I don't really think of
that as "disappointment" so much as "improvement".

I'm partial to 3M gliders, m'self, although I have three stink pots,
still, and have flown fuel for decades. The sailplanes just seem more
"elegant" in the air, especially when you get a two hour flight off a
rubber high-start, and not a DROP of fuel!

My current control line stunt flying buddy flies control line as his
_second_ competition event. His first is RC sailplanes, with which he
competes at the national level (he's won the Nats a few times). For a
while he was the factory rep for a guy in the Seattle area who made top-
quality competition kits, back when such things weren't all made for a lot
less money in formerly communist eastern European countries.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services