Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Wire Bend

On Mon, 04 May 2015 21:49:36 -0500
Tim Wescott wrote:

snip
Sigh. More time on stuff that should have been better than I could
possibly do myself...

I was still pretty young yet, early 20's maybe when I figured that
out...

After having to re-repair things correctly a few times, that I had paid
somebody professional to do what I thought was beyond my abilities, I
just do it myself. A Pro or manufacturer almost always has time and
material costs working against doing a perfect job. Not to mention
mostly mediocre employees (law of averages). If you care about the job
being done you won't cut the same corners that they will. Ya, I cut
corners doing stuff my self, but usually in cosmetic concerns. Not
where the actual function/purpose takes place. There I tend to go
overboard. Use better fasteners, higher grade replacements... but not
always. Sometimes good-enough is good-enough.

So suck it up, you already knew you were going to have to make things
over or better ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b