Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Doe[_4_] John Doe[_4_] is offline

Default Drill attachment in place of chuck?

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in news:mi4vdf$72n$1@dont-
email.me:

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

http://bicycles.stackexchange.com/qu...ch-motor-do-i-

need-for-my-electric-assist-bike

Electric motors being so straightforward, for example a cordless
drill,
switching it out for more power should be easy enough. Especially if
can come up with a reasonably simple and reliable way to connect the
drill spindle to the bike's "bottom bracket" where the pedal
normally
would be attached. I've got the other stuff worked out (I think) and
it's under construction. That drill spindle to bike bottom bracket
connection seems the most difficult.

The bottom bracket axle appears to be very hard steel.

The one I helped build on contract for (you'd never guess) had a hub
motor, similar to this but an industrial unit meant for production.
http://thediyoutlet.com/products/26-...electric-bike-

conversion-motor-kit-rear?gclid=CJyJl8GxpcUCFRBo7AodsmEABQ

I was the electrical tech. I'm not qualified to help you design a safe
street-legal vehicle.

It will be ridden only on my own huge expanse of private property.

I have looked at hub motors. Maybe someday.