Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drill attachment in place of chuck?

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in
:

"John Doe" wrote in message
whit3rd wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Are there any common drill attachments that go in place of the
chuck?

So that when the chuck is removed, the attachment can be screwed
on in place of the chuck.

Like, a quickchange socket for 1/4" hex bits, or a sanding disk?
Anything that you can adapt to a (commonly, 3/8"-24tpi) spindle,
feel free to add to your hand drill.

That's exactly right. Specifically, I'm looking for just about
anything that screws on there, as mentioned in another reply.

http://www.amazon.com/Allstar-Perfor...dp/B003BZQW30/

The 3/8"-24tpi might be more common, but looks like that one fits
my
DeWalt 1/2"-20tpi drill spindle.

Thanks to the replies.

The harder question is where do you find another left-hand screw
that
retains the chuck on the spindle.

Or how to get it in there. But I guess it doesn't matter for the
applications if they only rotate clockwise. Like with the bicycle
I'm
modifying, there are many threaded rotating connections that don't
require a lock screw because there is no reverse force.

http://bicycles.stackexchange.com/qu...ic-assist-bike