Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cutting thin tiny glass parts

Not exactly metalworking. I needed to make a replacement glass piece
for a camera because I removed the IR/UV filter and the space needed
filling for proper focusing. I used a 1mm glass slide, the type made
for microscopes. The piece needed to be 8 x 9 mm. I mamaged to get one
and then discovered I had scratched it. So I tried again and was
rewarded with a scratch free piece. I was surprised how hard it was to
cut this glass, for it to break where I wanted it to, and finally
figured out how to score it properly. I hope I never need to do this
again.
Eric