Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john B. john B. is offline

Default Where the manufacturing jobs are going

On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:10:37 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 6:49:38 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:04:20 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 13:29:23 -0700, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

snip
The idea that we can, or should, "create" high paying jobs, or any
kind
of jobs at all, is nonsense.
=============

Same comment made by the aristos in France and Russia, just
before their execution.

I thought that was "So let them eat cake!"

Marie Antoinette was Austrian, not French. She really told
them to eat Kacke. (ca-ca)

The following blog says that she learned to speak French without a German accent at a very early age.

--
http://blog.catherinedelors.com/mari...ustrian-woman/

Firstly, the quote is "la brioche" which isn't "cake" as we know it
but bread made with additional eggs and butter - think something like
"Croissant" as apposed to "bread" which is essentially just flour and
water.

Secondly, it is highly unlikely that she actually said, "Qu'ils
mangent de la brioche" as the phrase seems to have originated with the
political philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau in his autobiography
"Confessions" written in 1765. Marie Antoinette was born in 1755.

--
cheers,

John B.